Friday, July 24, 2009

Hair Highlighting/Dying question.?

Okay, so I'm a natural blond, but it's a darker blond. I'd like to dye my hair lighter, maybe even a platinum and put black streaks in.



My question is if I do this, and down the road I want to just go back to being blond without the streaks, can I do that? I know it's hard to get back to being blond if you dye your hair completely black... i'm not sure about streaks/highlights though



Hair Highlighting/Dying question.?

if your hair is a dark blond you can dye it platinum and put black streaks in it. I had my hair like that for awhile. when you want the black out you just bleach the streaks. bleach does not add color it removes it. Its what salons call "stripping"



Hair Highlighting/Dying question.?

Yes, it will work really well as long as your hair isnt too dark



Hair Highlighting/Dying question.?

if you don't want the streaks after a while just do a britney...



Hair Highlighting/Dying question.?

Streaks are just as hard to get out.



Don't go level 1 black. It'll be hell to get out later.



Instead:



Even a level 4 brown is going to look nearly black against blonde hair. Go there instead...a Neutral Level 4 dark brown.



Hair Highlighting/Dying question.?

my best friend dyed her hair black and later wanted to go back to brownish blonde and the beautician told her that black is really really hard to get out of your hair. she told her that her hair would have to be "stripped"



it would be hard to do. and it might take a couple of times. but it IS possible. i've seen it done.



Hair Highlighting/Dying question.?

The black streaks will be possible to bring back to your regular color (i have done this too), they will have to lift all the color out of your hair and dye it back, not the end of the world, but the streaks may end up (after this process) being a lot dryer than the rest of your hair. I know the contrast of black and plat looks great, but if you color your hair very dark brown instead of black it will be easier to lift the color out when you are ready (this is what my colorist told me).

No comments:

Post a Comment