Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I dyed my hair so often the back is very dark brown and the top is blond. How can I get it light aga

I have a gray spot of hair in the front of my head, I kept dyeing it, like every 2 weeks. Now the back is very dark brown, almost black and the top is light. What can I do?



I dyed my hair so often the back is very dark brown and the top is blond. How can I get it light again?

Grey hair is much harder to dye than the rest of your hair. White hair has the larger pores, next comes grey, then blonde, then red, then brown, and lastly black. So the dye molecules slip out of the larger pores much faster than the smaller pores.



Since your greying sounds like it in only in one section, you should be spot colouring, instead of full hair colouring. The best way to do this is with an applicator brush, similar to a small paintbrush.



To remove the colour from the dark spots you have only a few options.



1 - go to the salon for a pricy treatment



2 - bleach your hair, then redye



3 - apply a colour lighting or a significantly lighter colour



4 - wait for it to grow out



Edit: the poster below me is correct, no pores in hair, my bad...but above still applies, just wrong choice of wording



I dyed my hair so often the back is very dark brown and the top is blond. How can I get it light again?

sounds like a mess go to the salon!



I dyed my hair so often the back is very dark brown and the top is blond. How can I get it light again?

dont dare do it yourself as it always goes wrong just book an appointment at the hairdressers and they will get it right.



I dyed my hair so often the back is very dark brown and the top is blond. How can I get it light again?

hi-light the bottom. Doing yourself will be hard if not next to impossible and if a friend does it that just ends up in disaster. Next you will be sitting in a professionals chair crying "Why did this happen to me?" Avoid the situation and go have it done professionally.



I dyed my hair so often the back is very dark brown and the top is blond. How can I get it light again?

I am going to guess that it's black because it is overly porous and has absorbed too much color. There is virtually NO cuticle left! The good news is that as much as it has a propensity to absorb the color and become too dark, it will fade just as quickly. The bad news is that it is destroyed!Leave it alone! DO NOT get it highlighted as it will melt off (Glad she's not doing my hair!), do not put more color over it. Go to a professional (Please find one who specializes in color correction) and have the roots touched up. The gray hair needs a professional color line to cover...it does not have a "larger pore" as someone else said. (Hair DOES NOT have pores!) It has a cuticle and gray hair has more cuticle layers that is why it is more coarse. Due to this expanded cuticle it also is more difficult for the color to penetrate into the cortex. If you would like the back to fade quicker, just shampoo it with your dish soap a time or two....NOT MORE! Then condition it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment