Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lightening my hair, need some tips?

I have dark brown hair, and have always wanted to go lighter, not bleach blond... maybe a light brown or dark blond. I'm very good at doing my own hair, I've always dyed it myself. But I don't want some huge process of major lightening and then dying to the color I want. Eventually I'll go back to brown, but it's just something I've always wanted to try. I'm considering one of those boxed dyes that lighten up to 2 shades... has anyone tried those, how'd they work?



PS. I'm not going to a salon to have it done, so please don't suggest that. I'm very capable of doing it myself. Thanks!



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

the lighteners work pretty good. you just have to leave it on a little longer than it says to, depending on how dark your hair is. I have medium brown hair and lightened it to light brown, almost blonde. Hope it works for ya;)



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

i dont know how to liten hair but i hope it looks good for you and make sure it looks hottt!



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

ive never used them. why dont you get a highlight kit? its very easy to use



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

use loreal natural match, you simply find your current hair color on the box and you can then pick ''warmer''(lighter) "cooler" darker. you of course would pick the warmer since you want to go lighter it lightens your hair a few shades, it worked for me but I went darker not lighter



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

i am not too sure where you are from but i was in a drug store here and saw a brand that is for dark brown hair... to lighten it up a few shades. i dont recall the brand though. if you dont want to go to a salon you could always try a drug store and ask there or a beauty supply store. good luck.



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

Try using lemon juice. It lightens hair and you can control it some by using heat and time.(length of time you leave it on) Since it's winter you may not get the opportunity to sit in the sun so you can use a heat lamp but don't get too close! I don't know how it will work for your hair color so you might want to try a test area that you can hide or cut off if you don't like it. It also may dry your hair if it is prone to that so plan to follow up will a hot olive oil treatment.



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

First of all, anyone with dark hair doesn't look good with lighter hair, except for Shakira.... Secondly, as someone who has used basically every type of dye, bleach, and toner they make for your hair, I highly recommend going to a salon for going lighter. There is no product that lightly bleaches your hair so unless you've got the proper certification, you won't be able to get the proper products to do what you want. If you're going with the standard out of a box process, then you basically have no control how light it will get, and will end up having to go to the store to get something else to darken it after the fact...



I did a similar thing with my hair, my mom warned me it would look like poo and come out orange, but i didn't listen, I ended up with hair the color of a school bus, and I am not exaggerating. I tried to fix it and that's when it got greenish blue, sigh.... I am glad I got out of that phase. whew...



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

i have used the boxed dyes and they do work quite well. on the backs of the boxes, they have a little chart that tels you what colour your hair will go afterwards. the chart is a comparison of your current or natural hair colour to the new hair colour, although, i don;t think they're all that accurate



may i pleas warn you however that colouring your hair can become addictive. i have coloured my hair every imaginable since i was about ten and now i have naturally greyish coloured hair. sorry for all the typing, i need to practice for a new job.



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

make a rinse of lemon juice, or else chamomile tea (you can even put lemon juice in the tea) and let it sit in your hair for a while, then wash it out. it's best to dry it in the sun depending on where you live. you might have to do it for a week or so depending on how much lighter you want to get, or maybe just 1 or 2 days. you can also add saffron or tumeric if you have any. rhubarb juice also works, and even hydrogen peroxide although you have to be careful because it dries out your hair and sometimes gets orange if you use too much.



Lightening my hair, need some tips?

Try strawberry blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment