Friday, July 24, 2009

Dying my hair blonder? more damage?

I naturally have dark blonde hair/ fair hair and i want to go lighter, perhaps ash blonde. From reseaching this it seems i have to use a permanent hair colour if i want to go lighter...is peroxide and amonia really bad for the condition of your hair? Because i straighten my hair nearly everyday so its not exactly in tip top condition (although i do use protection spray.) Is there anyway i can dye my hair lighter without damaging my hair? and how do i help replenise my hair?



Dying my hair blonder? more damage?

Going lighter on your hair is always more damaging then going darker. In order to lighten your hair it usually has to be bleached. The chemicals cause MAJOR DAMAGE. It kind of makes your hair feel rough and coarse. It won't feel very soft at all. So chemical damage plus heat damage from straightening won't be the best treatment for your hair. Since your hair is already a blonde tone you could try dying it without bleaching it. It might turn it a few shades lighter. If you highlight your hair to ash blonde it won't cause as much damage as coloring your whole head would. Also make sure you use professional products when you put anything in your hair - those out of the box products at wal-mart are bad for your hair! hope this helps!



Dying my hair blonder? more damage?

it totally messes up ur hair. Go to a salon and have it done!



Dying my hair blonder? more damage?

sadly, dyeing your hair (and straightening it) will damage it, but all you have to do is condition, condition, condition! go to sally's (or any hair supplies store) and buy some of those packets of deep conditioner (and there only a buck..yeh!) or you can add mayo to moisturize it (but you'll have to wash your hair a few times to get the smell out). i do this and it always makes my hair stronger and softer....hopefully i helped!



Dying my hair blonder? more damage?

Well first of all, keep in mind that in most cases your natural hair color flatters your skin tone most, so dyeing it lighter could make it appear more pink- but maybe not! I'm just saying. (When I tried dyeing mine later it really made my skin look a lot pinker :\ haha)



But as long as your gentle with your hair- keep it conditioned, keep high heat at a low, ect.... the damaging ingredients in hair bleach shouldn't harm your hair too much.



Dying my hair blonder? more damage?

I would get highlights put in, just in the front if you want, or all over the top. You can buy kits to do this but, you might go to a salon (at least the first time) and get it done right. Bleaching your entire head will be a nightmare and you will have roots much darker than you thought your hair actually was. You will have to retouch it all of the time. GET HIGHLIGHTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment