Thursday, October 8, 2009

If I henna my hair, how long will I be "stuck?"?

I have medium-dark blond hair that I dyed a slightly more yellow, lighter blond about 4 months ago (this has grown out quite a bit, I have almost two inches of roots). I want to try some darker hair colors, like brown and auburn, but I don't want to get stuck with my hair a color I can't change.



If I dye my hair using henna, how long will the color last? How long (if ever) do you have to wait if you want to dye your hair using chemicals after the henna process? If you dye your hair brown using henna, can you dye it blond again with a henna mix? I've been looking for answers online, but I'm getting mixed signals. Thanks in advance!



If I henna my hair, how long will I be "stuck?"?

If you want to go auburn use pure henna, if you want to go brown you must add indigo to the henna.



IN both cases you should be using only 100 % pure natural henna so it won't react with any other dyes you have in your hair already.



If you use a compound henna product, the metallic salts and chemicals might have a strange reaction with the dye already in your hair and make your hair green or ??.



Keep in mind that henna is a natural plant dye and it only comes in one color-red/brown.



Anything that says it is blonde henna or some other color will have other things added to change the color.



If it says black, it isn't henna, but again has something else added. Do some research on PPD to see what happens whenyou use products called "black henna"



Indigo is safe like real pure henna and the color from both is just as permanent as chemical hair dyes.



Henna bonds with the keratin the hair and the result is beautiful.



Like other hair dyes, it might fade with sun or time a little.



Flavia



If your hair color is dark, the only way to be blond again is to strip the hair of color using chemicals.



www.hennacaravan.com



If I henna my hair, how long will I be "stuck?"?

i dont think you can dye your hair after using henna, i think it has to grow out first.



it says that on my hair color box at least.



If I henna my hair, how long will I be "stuck?"?

Try the avigal henna, it lasts about 4-6 weeks (though doesn't really ever wash out totally), and comes in many different shades (including shades for blonde hair). Don't use dye on top of henna, though. Since you're hair still has some dye in it, I would get some neutral henna %26amp; mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with the color of your choice (put some olive or jojoba oil in the mixture for extra shine), and maybe start with leaving it for 1/2 an hour-45 minutes. Once you are confident you like the results, use less (or no) neutral %26amp; work your way up to leaving it in for one hour or more. Be careful with the darker shades on your blonde hair, as they may not wash out or fade completely.



You can check out the colors %26amp; purchase at www.avigalhennausa.com (assuming you are in the US?), or you can buy them per ounce at smileherb.com. Many other places sell it online, and it's wonderful. Also check out hennaforhair.com for tips This link will get you specific colors %26amp; techniques that various peoplke used to achieve their color:



http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/index....



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment